Sunday, October 18, 2009

TIME

Lately, I've been feeling the pressure of time unlike any other period in my life.

Today I am seeing the inner clock click away the seconds of my day. I have 5 challenges, swaps or trades in the works and none of them feel like they can be completed. But, I know as a professional "procrasinator" I will dig deep and get them all finished. What I hate about this personality trait is that I always do it. I tell myself, "Hey, you're doing it again, stop it!", and continue to proceed with the same-ol'-same-ol' anyway.

Aren't you supposed to get smarter as you age? Well, can someone tell me when that kicks in? Is there a special day? Or time on the clock? Or a ritual that must be performed? Cuz, I tell ya, I am so ready to do whatever it takes for the "smarts" to kick in and take over!!

Maybe I should invest in some sort of efficiency training. Or one of those time management seminars! When some dude in a fancy suit asks me what my time problem is I can tell him:
"Oh, I'm here so that I can use my time wisely in the creation of art. I get lazy and don't want to put aside all other daily chores or duties and get down to the creation of art. " Can't you see his face! Eyes all big and mouth all agape! "How many employees do you need to manage in your art?""Just me." Except, there's probably some ingenious module created just for the type of person I am. And, after spending $500.00 or more, I'll be fixed! Until real life intervenes and it starts all over again. Money wasted. Money that could've purchased even more art stuff that will sit around waiting for me to finally get to it! Vicious cycle.

So, I guess I'll go back over to the table, for the umpteenth time, and do just a bit more to the six or seven cards spread out on the surface.

redopal

1 comment:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

You are so funny! Don't think you are the only person with this problem! If I have a lot to do sometimes, I just freeze and don't know which to do first. So I go to the fridge. Ha. Another problem. Sometimes I can't wait for the weekend, thinking that I will get so many artistic things made - and then the weekend is gone, and I don't have that much to show for it.

Well - I say we don't worry about it too much. Set ourselves small goals - don't think we have to finish everything at once. Big talk, I know. lol