Monday, November 23, 2009

Fairies, Gnomes & Trolls, oh Yes

This week starts the big rush for the holidaze.
But where is my energy?
I want to know which of the energy-sucking trolls or leeches or whatever has invaded my psyche. Why can't I drum up the "go gettum" that I need to get all the myriad of projects done? I'm just going to have to depend on the services of others this season.

Why haven't the Mop Fairies cleaned my floors? I put in the order for them two months ago, paid the deposit and everything. Too much to do all on my own. I'm not above paying for help. What're a few gallons of buttermilk and shrimp tails? OK, so I had to throw in a copy of Twilight also. I mean it was a signed first edition/first print! Still, those mop fairies really do a great job. Well worth the cost, only the finest for my holiday visitors. I'm even having the Kitchen Gnawwers show up to clean the oven and stove. They won't be here until Wednesday night. Plenty of time to to soak the pears in vinegar for them. The local troll clan is sending the window cleaners on Saturday. I couldn't guarantee the buffalo barbeque so they wouldn't show until the weekend. Oh, well, I'll just have to make due with dirty windows for Thanksgiving. But they will look great for Christmas!

You can hire anyone on the internet to do all those pesky chores for you these days. Life is so much simpler in our time. Whatever did our grandparents and parents do without it?

Hoping everyone has a splendid Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it, and if not, then may you all have a bright fun-filled week.

Stay safe.
redopal

No comments: