Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's been years since I've posted. I'm not even certain why I do it today.  I remembered I once had a blog and went in search of it.  It took three tries before I came up with the right password. A lot has changed with blogger since I ventured here. I hope I can figure out how to navigate through it.

Since my last post my life events have taken me down many a winding road.  I lost my mother on February 5, 2012.  She left a huge hole in my life.  I miss her.

In return, I got a new grand-daughter.  Presley Dean was born on March 30, 2012.  She will never know her great-grandmother.  It is my job to bring Mom into Presley's life.  My mom left behind a portfolio of songs she had written.  I will sing them to Presley and Kohl, sharing a bit of her creativity with them.  I really, really can't sing so I hope the kid-lets won't mind.  Maybe one or both of them will inherit some musical ability from my mom.  My son did.  He's a drummer and can actually carry a tune.  Didn't get that from me. It must skip a generation or something!

I've moved into a larger apartment this year.  With a roommate.  She's been my best friend for almost 30 years.  I am still getting used to having someone around.  After mom died, I was on my own for a year.  I think I liked having peace and quiet.  I didn't have anyone depending on me anymore.  It was liberating.  I did myself an injustice though.  I gave up art.  I know, I know!  How could that be?  After all I'd been through you'd think I couldn't wait to get my hands messy, again.  I couldn't summon up creativity.  I'd sunk into such a deep depression I could no longer find my way out.  It took my friend saying to me that I wasn't living anymore.

While I still haven't fixed up the spare room into my art space, it is on the docket to get done in October.  I have nine days off and have another friend coming over to help put it together.  I signed up to do a partner swap, ATCs with a group of folks I used to be in a club with.  The club disbanded long ago but we're getting together to do small projects.  It was such an amazing group to be part of.  It's a small start.  But, it's a start nonetheless.

I don't expect people to respond to this posting.  Most of you will have forgotten who I am.  That's fair.  I don't hold any grudges.  Maybe the next few months will bring about artistic endeavors that will find their way onto this blog.  Then, feedback will be warranted.  And appreciated.

redopal

No comments: