Friday, January 14, 2011

Art Journal

In my last post I mentioned that I was starting an online visual art journal class, along with 1200+ others, hosted by Pam Carriker, for Strathmore Papers.  Week one was supposed to be about recycling older art journal pages into a new, more exciting art journal.  Since I didn't have any old art journal pages, or even any old art to begin with, I did what any self-respecting non-artist would do.  I cut up a bunch of magazines, sorted through my stash of stuff and glued a bunch of stuff down.  I did the first page with somewhat decent results.  I figured that I would attempt a second page to see if I could actually follow directions, this time!  Started out A-OK.  Then, the yucks took over.  Just wasn't feelin' it.  Set it aside for later consideration.  Take up page 3.  This one, well let's just say I stepped way outside my comfort range.  I don't attempt masculine pages very often.  But, with a little man child who will, undoubtedly, take up lots of space in future art projects, I knew I had to take up the personal challenge.  One of the questions asked on the forum was "Are there any men who do art journaling"?  Lo' and Behold.  There are 2 men in the class.  So, I dedicated the third page to them!  Kinda goofy, I know.  I asked them for any opinions they may have on my attempt at doing a guy type page.  Now, let's see if I can load any pics of week one and week two homework!

Ok, so I got the first page up and running.  Wish I knew how to do that cool slideshow thing.  Anyway, I will show the third page later.  Tired out from playing with baby man all day.  Got my first smile too.  Coolest day ever!   He smiled at me like 5 or 6 times, but I only caught the one on camera.  Elusive little suckers.  Can't wait to see more smiles from him.  Love that little dude.

Stay safe,
redopal

3 comments:

Jen xo said...

smiles huh? proud granny...:)

love your page tina, i love the difference that the charcoal makes and then the gesso, a beautiful masculine page....

funnily enough i bought some charcoal sticks today , you've inspired me to experiment some more :)

Cheryl said...

Hey girlie, are you still interested in doing a valentine "tag for tag" swap? I couldn't find an email address for you on your blog--- let me know :-)
~Cheryl

Tee McNeil Art said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for visiting my blog! I did a page yesterday all with the watercolor crayons... I posted it today. The tutorial may not be what you were looking for, so I'll plan do one next Sunday that goes into depth on how to use the crayons.

Love your pages that are in your sidebar... I think I told you on the strathmore site the same thing, but It's so busy there. heh.

Tee

Did you enter into my giveaway... I think you did, but can't remember now if you replied to that post or to another one.